Centrally located within the world's most expansive- and spectacular- rice terraces, Banaue is the perfect town to use as a hub to hike, explore, and be in awe of the Ifugao region. Usually a sleepy town, Banaue sometimes comes alive with festivals and cultural performances, celebrating the surrounding villages' histories and the evolution of the Ifugao culture.
- Take a day (or overnight!) trip to the Batad rice fields. Arguably the most beautiful section of terraces in the region.
- A half-day-trip to Hapao rice terraces, which hosts a pool of hot springs.
- Visit the Ethnic Village and learn about the evolution of the traditional Ifugao home. You may also opt to stay overnight.
- Trek through the Banaue rice terraces from the viewpoint to the town proper (guide is recommended!)
- Observe traditional dance performances which take place near the Banaue Public Market (8-9pm, nightly)