Batad Village, Philippines
A UNESCO world heritage site, and the alleged 8th wonder of the world, the Batad rice terraces form an impressive amphitheatre within the high mountain province of the Philippines. A day trip from Banaue, or an overnight excursion, the terraces are not to be missed on a trip to the Philippines.
- Hike. Prepare for lots of walking and climbing along mountainous terrain and rice terraces.
- See the rice terraces from the Viewpoint.
- Splash in the Tappiyah waterfalls.
- Ask your tricycle or jeepney driver to drop you off at the Batad Saddle (and not the Junction, as it's a longer walk!)
- Bring lots of water down to the Batad village (They charge double the price once you're down there)
- It's a physically demanding trek, especially in the heat. Go slow and steady and plan for a full day excursion.