Big Sur Cover Page
Big Sur, California USA
Between Los Angeles and San Francisco exists a span of coastline with dramatic cliffs, sunsets, and vistas of the Pacific Ocean. We rented an Escape Campervan and drove off into the sunset on a four night, five day camping trip.
To Do List:
- Rent an Escape Campervan for your adventure. Sleep and drive all in one.
- Sleep at Point Mugu State Beach. Just past Malibu, close to Los Angeles and well before the official Big Sur coastline, this campground ($35) is the essence of a Southern California beach. Tan coloured sand, deep blue Pacific Ocean and access to hiking trails [like, the Ray Miller Overlook Trail].
- Driving through the Los Padres National Forest means you're allowed to pull off on the side of the road and sleep where every your heart (or eyes) desire.
- Visit Monterey Bay. It's a cute seaside city with a quaint downtown and cannery area. Also home to the scenic 17-mile-drive.
- If you visit the Big Sur area in April or November you can enter a running race put on by the Big Sur International Marathon organization. Here's the website.