Coron, Palawan, Philippines
Jagged limestone cliffs, shipwrecks, and deserted beaches. Coron and its surrounding islands are perfectly explored from the water, island hopping and diving from site to site.
To Do List:
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Kayangan Lake on Coron Island
- Take your lunch on idyllic Banol Beach, also on Coron Island.
- Visit, and stay overnight, on Malcapuya Island. If you stay overnight, it's almost guaranteed you'll be the only guests on the island as most leave in the late afternoon.
- Try fishing Kawil-style and reel in a fresh catch of the day.
- Wreck dive on one of the 11 sunken Japanese war ships in the area. A few are viewable via snorkelling, as well.
- Hike the 700+ steps to the top of Mt. Tappyas at sunrise or sunset for a beautiful view of the Coron town bay and surrounding islands.
- Take an overnight tour with Kawil tours, they offer over night trips around the islands of Coron and also the nearby island of Culion. Check out our blog about our Kawil experience!