Cote D'Azur, France
The southern coast of France. What is typically perceived as an exclusive getaway for the rich and famous is not so out of reach for those looking for more modestly priced vacations. The beauty of the turquoise Meditteranean sea, French culture, and admirable landscapes are ready to be explored with ease and with a reasonable price tag.
To Do List:
- Set up for a prolonged stay in Nice, preferably in the Old Port area, on a hill with a west-facing balcony. The perfect setting for reading and wining as the sun goes down.
- Using Nice as your hub, take day trips along the coast, visiting villages and nearby cities such as:
- Antibes, France (40 minute train from Nice)
- Eze, France (25 minute bus from Nice)
- Cannes, France (1 hour train from Nice)
- Monaco (1 hour bus from Nice) * Tip: if you get off the bus at Cap D'Ail, walk down to the water, and wind along the coast to Monaco city, it's a beautiful walking route!
- Ventimiglia or Bordighera, Italy (1 hour train from Nice)
- Stroll or jog along the main promenade
- Wind your way through the vielle-Nice alleyways.
- Try Socca (chickpea flour pancake treat) sold by street vendors; or by our favourite: Chez Theresa.
- If you're feeling like a long walk, make your way from Nice through Ville Franche-sur-mer to St-Cap-Jean-Ferat and Paloma Beach. (buses can take you here, too!)
- Go to the Cours Selaya morning market and pick up the ingredients for a picnic.
- Mont Baron and Fort Alban provide amazing views of both the Nice bay and Ville Franche-sur-mer.