The Gili Islands, Lombok, Indonesia
Welcome to three small island paradises located off of the northern coast of Lombok; Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air. All boast white sanded beaches, chilled-out island atmostpheres, and have made a name for themselves amongst travellers to Indonesia. While the islands share many similarities, each one has its own unique atmosphere.
To Do List:
- Gili Trawangan; the largest in surface area and most popular amongst the young backpacker circuit is known for an active nightlife and is the busiest of the three gili's.
- Gili Meno; to leave the world behind. Very quiet with only a few restaurants, hotels, and people!
- Gili Air; delivers some nightlife and a well-rounded selection of restaurants and accommodation.
- Take a snorkelling trip around the islands.
- The area is reknown for diving. There is a large population of turtles around the islands, visible when both snorkelling and diving.
- Eat dinner on the north or northwest shores of the islands, timed with their beautiful sunsets.
- Head inland from the main drags to the villages for wonderfully cheap warungs serving great local foods.