Praia do Amado
Surf, beach, party, & repeat. A hub for backpackers, Lagos is a hotspot during both the day and night. Explore in and around the town, kayak amongst picturesque cliffs, or join a surf group for a day trip to nearby Amado beach. The chilled out, good-time vibe of Lagos is the perfect spot to meet like-minded travellers and forge new friendships. Plan to stay for a few days but expect to extend your visit, the magical spell of Lagos is known to keep travellers for much longer than intended.
- Wind your way along the Ponta da Piedade for amazing views of the ocean and cliff formations.
- Have a beach day at Praia da Batata, explore the surrounding caves and beaches
- Eat at Nah Nah Bah, voted top 50 burger joints in the world.
- Party 'til the sun comes up. Walk the busy streets until you find a suitable watering hole. Inside Out is a favourite.
- Join a surf camp- Algarve Surf school is top notch.