A tiny island floating in the Meditteranean, you practically need a magnifying glass to spot it on a map. Situated just below Sicily, Malta shares some similarities with its Italian neighbour, but holds its own when it comes to its unique traditions and quirks. With a beach season that spans from April to October and pleasant temperatures throughout the winter, Malta is the perfect destination to explore year-round.
To Do List:
- Explore St. Julian's bay on foot.
- Watch a Ghajn Tuffieha Bay sunset. (A nice hike here, too!)
- Take a beach day. Take your pick! Mellieha Bay was a fairly busy public beach with beautiful colored, warm water.
- Catch a Festa! Maltese celebrate everything, so the chances you'll see a firework show are high. '
- Explore Valletta, the country's capital city.
- Day trip to Gozo for crystal clear azure waters & snorkelling.