Miami Cover Photo
Miami, Florida USA
To Do List:
- Walk Miami Beach. Bol Harbour all the way down to South Pointe in South Beach is a stretch of white sand and adjacent walking path (dog friendly!). It's long, so we opted to walk sections of it intermittently over our stay.
- Haulover Beach and Dog Park. Just north of Bol Harbour in Miami Beach is an off-leash, white sand beach. It stops being a dog beach at 3 p.m. daily.
- Key Biscayne. The drive itself is pretty beautiful. In Key Biscayne, we checked out Hobie Island Beach, which is a dog beach (dogs on leash and not the most beautiful in the area). From Hobie is a great vista of the Miami downtown core.
- Everglades National Park. Drive along Loop Road to see alligators lounging in their natural habitats. This is about a 1.5 hour drive from Miami Beach.
- Drive the Overseas Highway from Miami to Key West (the farthest isle of the Florida Keys). It's one of the most scenic highways in the U.S.A. It's a bit crowded during high seasons, but still worth it - even if it is just for the key lime pie. Note, we turned around at the Bahia Honda State Park, which is about 1 hour drive from Key Largo - the first Florida Key. For a proper key lime pie, we stopped at Mrs. Mac's Kitchen in Key Largo.