San Francisco, California USA
One of the most livable United States cities we've visited, San Francisco is beautiful, welcoming and interesting. We LOVE San Fran!
To Do List:
- Take a free walking tour (or two!) with San Francisco City Guides. Their mission statement holds true: "[they] are local volunteers who love the City, its history, lore and legends...and [they're] ready to share it all with you". We took both the Fishermans Wharf and the Mission Mural tours. A full schedule of tours can be found here: http://www.sfcityguides.org
- View the crookedest street in the world at Lombard and Hyde street. Pop on a Powell-Hyde Cable Car while you're here!
- Take a short hike up to Twin Peaks for a vast view overlooking the City and the Bay.
- Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge toward Marin County and take a short hike for a sunset panorama.
- Alcatraz night tour and audio tour of the former penitentiary.
- Run the Golden Gate Half Marathon across the bridge. If you're not visiting during the race date (early November), take a jog across the bridge anyway!
- Walk near Alamo Square Park and view Postcard Row. Keep your eyes open at the Victorian and Edwardian architecture throughout all of San Fran. The city has perserved its original residential style so well.