The most visited country in South East Asia, Thailand has well marked backpacker trails perfect for a first timer to the region. Having a range of activities from beach hopping, jungle trekking, and underwater exploration, Thailand's popularity is not unwarranted.
- Visit the white-sanded islands in the southern islands of Thailand. Koh Poda, Koh Phi Phi, are among favourites.
- Railay Beach and exploring the area via kayak between sky-high limestone karsts.
- Splash in the Huay To Waterfalls in the Khao Phanom Bencha National park in the Krabi province.
- Earn your PADI or SSI scuba diving certification on the idyllic island of Ko Tao.
- Attend the largest beach party in the world, under the Full Moon, on Koh Phangan.
- Explore Phuket Town for a taste of a relatively untouristy part of the country.