Hike to Angel's Landing
Zion Cover Photo
Zion National Park, Utah USA
One of Utah's 'Mighty Five' National Parks, Zion is a must visit. Known for some of the most scenic (and thrilling) hiking trails in the USA, the park delivers picturesque views from the valley floor, along the red snaking roadways, and all the way up to Observation Point.
- Stay at the East Zion Escape: https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/10628466
- Drive from the East entrance of the park via Route 89. Heading toward the visitor center you will pass by the checkerboard mesa, the longest tunnel in a US National Park, and drive by countless viewpoints with wide shoulders for pull-offs.
- Hike to Angel's Landing. National Geographic names this one of the top 20 hikes in the National Parks. We think this is probably (definitely) true. [5.4 miles round trip; 1488ft elevation gain; moderately-strenuous; took us 3 hours]
- Hike to Observation Point via the East Rim Trail. An even higher viewpoint as compared with Angel's Landing. Makes for a very rewarding trek. [>8 miles round trip; 2120ft elevation gain; moderately-strenuous; took us 3.5 hours including lunch at the top]
- Watch the sunrise (or moonset) from the Canyon Overlook Trail. [>1 mile!]